Managed Print Services: Why MPS?
Cost Savings, Control & Visibility
With all the demands placed on today's executives, reducing the cost of the output fleet (printers, scanners, fax machines, copiers, and multi-function peripherals(MFPs)) is not at the top of their list of priorities. We think this is a mistake.
The output fleet represents a significant annual expenditure and more importantly, a significant opportunity for savings. The average output fleet presents a low hanging opportunity for most companies to realize a savings of 20-30% that directly impact the bottom line.
How can Managed Print Services help?
A good place to start with evaluating how Managed Print Services can help is to determine your knowledge of your printers and output fleet.
- How many printers and MFPs do you have?
- Are your printers being used at or near capacity?
- How often are your printers out of service?
- How how long are your printers out of service?
- How much time is spent on printer related help desk calls?
- How old are your printers and other output devices?
- What is the total cost per page associated with each printer?
- What is the total cost of ownership associated with each printer?
- What is the average cost per page across all departments and locations?
Corporate Printing StatisticsSource: The Gartner Group, Info-Tech Research Group, Buyers Laboratory, Inc.
- Office printing consumes 1-3% of a company's annual revenue.
- The output fleet represents 5% of the average IT budget.
- Printers are the single most unaudited business expense.
- 35% of all help desk calls are printer related.
- Overall print volumes (black & white, color printing) are increasing 11% every year.
- As much as 60% of all documents originate at a printer and 70% of all copied documents start out as printed documents.
- 90% of businesses don't know what they are spending on print.