Printer Repair: HP P4014, P4015 and P4515 (Firmware / Formatter)
HP p4014, p4015 and p4515 Laser Printer Problems:
- When printing envelopes, toner does not always fuse correctly which results in either smearing or the toner flaking off the envelopes.
- When printing from trays 2, 3 or 4 the control panel reads “processing”. However, the printer does not pick up the paper or complete the job. The display will return to a “ready” status. No error is displayed or generated in the event log.
- When the printer displays “perform printer maintenance”, the option to reset the error is not available.
Solution: To resolve these issues you will need to upgrade your firmware to the level of 4.060.7 or higher to correct these problems.
Firmware / Performance Upgrade:
US Laser, Inc. offers a replacement formatter that has the latest firmware. Replacing the formatter will resolve the above issues and upgrade your p4014 or p4015 to a 4515 printer capable of printing at 62 pages per minute!
HP p4014, p4015 and p4515 Formatter Replacement Instructions:
This is a plug and play upgrade that will resolve the above issues and can increase your printers speed.
- Remove the formatter cage
- Move any memory modules over to the new formatter
- Install the new formatter
Our printer repair technicians can walk you through this process if you purchase the formatter from US Laser, Inc. Call 888-875-1737 for help with installing your new formatter.
Important differences between the HP p4014, p4015 and p4515:
- HP p4014 printer does not support the use of the high yield toner cartridge. The high yield toner will not fit into the p4014 .
- The p4015 / p4515 models have a numerical keypad.
- Print speed: the P4014, is rated at 45 pages per minute. The P4015 at 52 pages per minute and the P4515 at 62 pages per minute.